Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WEC and UFC picks

By: Lotis Butchko

For the past two years, I have been handicapping UFC fights picking an outstanding
98.2% on the cards and 95% on parlays.

So right here on Man Cave Blueprint we are picking your fights for the next two weeks
including: WEC and UFC.

WEC 52 Faber vs Mizugaki



*Urijah Faber (No. 4 FW) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (No. 6 BW)
Faber wins easily. Faber is active and has great wrestling. This doesn’t make it to the
third round.

*Joseph Benavidez (No. 3 BW) vs. Wagnney Fabiano (No. 10 BW)
Benavidez is coming off a title loss. No hangover here. He wins in a decision.

Chad Mendes vs. Javier Vazquez
I like both fighters here. But give me Javier. Javier has only lost two fights in the WEC
both by split decision.

Damacio Page (No. 7 BW) vs. Demetrious Johnson
Johnson is an up and comer. But I am not sold on him. He has really beat up on lower
caliber guys. Give me Page in this fight.

Zachary Micklewright vs. Dustin Poirier
Micklewright is a devastating striker, and Poirier has a great ground game. This has an
interesting tone to it. In betting I would stay away from this fight, but if you want to take
Poirier, if he can get it to the ground he is solid.

*Anthony Njokuani vs. Edward Faaloloto
I started watching Njokuani about four years ago in the Dallas circuit. He is a solid
striker – one of the best Muay Thai guys I have seen – So I like him here. Take him for a
Knockout of the night.

Yves Jabouin vs. Brandon Visher
Both fighters are finishers. So you can bet this won’t go three. I like Visher here. Not
only can he strike but Visher has a great ground game.

Michael McDonald vs. Clint Godfrey
I hate picking new fighters. I have seen Clint before, but only for one fight. If I have to
pick a fighter here I will take Godfrey. But this is one of the lower fights where I would
stay away from.

*Cub Swanson vs. Mackens Semerzier
Take Cub, plain and simple. This is a feeder fight.

L.C. Davis vs. Raphael Assuncao
Not an easy fight. But for fun take Assuncao. He has a pretty good game.

UFC 122 Germany


Two nights later UFC kicks off their Germany show. This show should probably be free
on television. But every time you think it’s a bad show for the UFC the fighters come out
and deliver.

Nate Marquardt (No. 4 MW) vs. Yushin Okami (No. 8 MW)
Marquardt was doing great till he ran into Sonnen. Now he is out to prove he can still
beat silva. He beats Okami in two.

Alessio Sakara vs. Jorge Rivera
I like Sakara here. He is solid.

Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic
Soszynski with a Kimura. The guy can swing and submit.

(Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
Amir takes this one.

Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner
I like Andre in this fight. Andre is a good fighter and he is hungry.

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexandre Ferreira
First off I was shocked that Matyushenko was in the UFC. He is getting old. But I like his
experience against Ferreira.

Rob Kimmons vs. Kyle Noke
Honestly I don’t know much about either guy. But I will take Noke on the soul fact that
he went the distance with Hector Lombard who is just freaking scary.

Karlos Vemola vs. Seth Petruzelli
Take Kimbo Killer Seth in this fight.

Duane Ludwig vs. Nick Osipczak
Nick O, he was set to win this right.

Kris McCray vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
And of course I have to take McCray here.

Pascal Krauss vs. Mark Scanlon
Paul Krauss… I like his name.

* indicates sure fire bets that I would make in a heartbeat. The other fights are just ones
that I think. If you want to make some money pick the indicated fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment